Poetic response to thrice prompted
When my Spirit is Free
Receiving tools and resources already there
Returning to the center of it all, reflecting on the horses bucking thematic cries — ancient times before this period of collected tools already given by creatives kiss. Wishing upon a star — hoping for that great leap forward, we arrive on sturdy ground.
From the four winds greeted mind, body and spirit breathing dragon-like fire clearing forests of past undoubtedly — lost ways and tranquil moments of yesteryear. Ancestors and guides are awaiting timely steps — leading nowhere in particular — arriving punctually at heart’s centered chorus singing melodies of all creation.
Life’s journey — medicine wheels of time — spoken by the prophets and elders before — gathering more wisdom, tools creating a brighter day — forward-moving, ever-shifting, no longer looking back — barring pilgrims calling upon the antediluvian winds. Extending hands of knowing — those barricaded in their minds of fate-inflicted truths — snakeskin molting with deeper calling of a personal relationship with Great Mystery.
If I believed, therefore I Am — already present — not yet understood — travelers resting place, final chapter turning epic pages of lives untold abstruse. At the eye of the storm — peaceful, compassionate kiss — reflective images carried out into the modern-day.
Homecoming felicitations — weaving story-lines and songs of generations before, to come and forevermore — zero-point transmutation are we. Smiling outwardly, inwardly reflecting as far as the eyes can see — when my spirit is free.
Waterfalls and baron deserts
green pastures calling
angelic beings aiding and abetting
the interconnection of weaver’s omnipresence.
Drowning in misery
lifting to the great unknown
opening vast visionary pull
receiving tools and resources already there.
~ Ani Po
Pulling thoughts together from three different prompts, giving thanks to the creators of creative flow. Ravyne Hawke and jules for their contribution to KTHT February fun.
KTHT Spiritual Path Companions — Are you up for the next challenge?medium.com
- Use the prompt to write a poem or personal essay.
- *(Tag) Mention at least (3) three of your favorite writers (here at KTHT or elsewhere on Medium) and ask them to participate. Each of those writers will then mention at least (3) three more, and so on.
- You may submit your story to KTHT or to any publication that allows prompts from other publications.
- Regardless of where you submit your piece, You MUST include a link back to this page and (Tag) mention one or all of the KTHT editors — Diana C., Spyder, jules, or me, Ravyne Hawke.
- List the prompt and these rules at the end of your poem or essay so that those you’ve (tagged) mentioned will know the rules.
Third prompt comes from Era Garg, when painting and words combine. I chose a painting when spirit and I danced with inspiration.
During this piece, Into the Mist playing on repeat. Please give it a listen, if you so choose.
Much gratitude for those who take time to read, ponder, and allow the inner workings of self to come forward. Grateful for the feedback, love shared, and more importantly, the Dance with Inspiration. Deep Peace.
You must be logged in to post a comment.