Love is multifaceted
Come here, my sweet, affectionate love
diving deeper into the cosmos
embracing, engaging with lost words and understandings.
With time enduring love
quenching thirsts at the wells
free-flowing elixir for all eternity.
Let us tend to the children
deepening our bonds
with one and all.
Longing to express that closeness
to your soft, inviting embrace
forever 21, you shall remain.
Forget not to
projecting playful winks
admiring one another in flash dance and song.
Let us not obsess over
what tomorrow brings
rocking chairs at the time of old, we will be.
Intertwined, joining at the hips
letting go to admire self-loving moments
sacrificing one another.
All these you have taught me
selflessly giving, freely loving
empathetic and unconditional gifted unto me.
In this poem, day 19 of 30-day challenge, I tried to keep it simple and touch on the individual layers of love, from a perspective of two learning and growing together. From the simple layer of friendship, to love of a child and to the unconditional love form of agape. I have touched on eight recognizable love types:
· Philia — Affectionate Love, can form between a close friend or with an intimate partner.
· Pragma — Enduring Love that is built over time.
· Storge — Familiar Love, usually a bond between parent and child, close friendships.
· Eros — Romantic Love between two intimate souls.
· Ludus — Flirtatious or playful kind of love.
· Mania — Obsessive Love, let’s just call it manic as one becomes obsessive over the other.
· Philautia — In remembering to honor the self with self-love.
· Agape — We arrive at a place, or we do not, a place where love is unconditional and Selfless.
Thank you . for this moment in time.
Much gratitude for those who take time to read, ponder, and allow the inner workings of self to come forward. Grateful for the feedback, love shared, and more importantly, the Dance with Inspiration. Deep Peace.